Date posted: Sep 16, 2021
Concord Projects is seeking our next Pre-Construction Manager to support our clients through the planning, budgeting, tendering and documentation stages of their projects. Success in the role is demonstrated by fostering collaborative and trusting relationships with all project stakeholders and delivering shovel-ready projects to the Construction team.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Pre-Construction Manager focuses on estimating and planning projects from start to finish by:
- Acting as the lead client service rep. by following up on future lead generation, writing proposal letters, responding to RFPs and EOIs, and preparing pre-qualification packages.
- Leading owner meetings to help clients through preliminary and planning stages of their project.
- Initiating project drawings and scope of work with consultants.
- Capturing and documenting all project information in project management software.
- Reviewing construction drawings and specifications for pricing purposes.
- Performing quantity takeoffs and unit pricing to establish project budgets and create project estimates with subtrade pricing.
- Managing project tendering process in pre-construction software. Negotiating and awarding contracts to subtrades. Completing associated purchase orders.
- Applying for permits.
- Analyze current and completed project section costs.
- Supporting the construction phase of the project by transitioning knowledge to teammates, monitoring project budget and subtrade contracts throughout construction, and occasionally assisting with pricing change orders.
You will fit in at Concord if you are:
- Driven and excited about working in the construction industry.
- Focused on building relationships and capable of relating to stakeholders of all backgrounds.
- A clear, professional communicator who influences positive outcomes.
- Solutions-focused and anticipate problems before they happen.
Our next teammate has:
- Technical education in Construction Management, Engineering Technology, Engineering, or a combination of equivalent years of experience and other education.
- Five or more years of construction estimating experience including design-build and construction management project delivery methods of ICI construction projects of all sizes
- Experience with estimating techniques such as quantity takeoffs, the tendering process and negotiating contracts
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents such as plans, specifications, and other technical materials
- Strong service focus, able to build, grow and maintain positive relationships with project team, subtrades, consultants and client.
- Sense of urgency, flexibility, and strong commitment to achieving goals.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, troubleshooting, problem-solving skills, strong math skills and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Confident user of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Adobe.
- Experience with markup and collaboration tools like Blue Beam, Pre-Construction software Building Connected and Construction Management software such as Procore
- Ability to manage multiple client priorities and unpredictable activities under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
Email your resume and a cover letter outlining how you meet the skills and experience outlined above to the Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
Concord Projects is committed to diversity and inclusion and thank all applicants in advance. In line with the Manitoba Human Rights Code, we are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Term: Full Time (Permanent)
Closing Date: Oct 01, 2021