Date posted: Jun 01, 2021
Concord Projects is seeking a construction finance and accounting leader to join our management team as Controller to oversee all finance and accounting activities. Success in this role is defined by reliable advice and seamless accounting service delivery to the business.
Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will:
Proactively lead and manage the finance and accounting function. This includes corporate, operational and strategic planning activities.
- Banking authority
- Investing cash reserves
- Scheduling cyclical activities including provincial and federal taxes, instalments, reporting, filings and planning
- Verifying compliance, insurance, bonding requirements
- Reporting activities including monthly, quarterly, and annual
- Managing external accounting firm
- Leading team and oversee all accounting processes
- Budgeting, forecasting, reporting, analysis, and managerial accounting
- Reviewing project accounting and project cash flows
- Managing others that process payables, receivables, company payroll
- Leveraging Sage 300 CRE and Procore systems and ensuring data integrity
- Analyzing internal data and market analysis to identify opportunities
- Planning for business, capital and long-term finances
- Advising the management team on continuous improvements
You will fit in at Concord if you are:
Driven and excited about working in the construction industry.
Focused on building relationships and capable of relating to stakeholders of all backgrounds.
A clear, professional communicator who influences positive outcomes.
Responsive and action oriented to respond to inquiries quickly.
Technologically savvy and motivated to automate processes to improve service and work experience.
Our next teammate has:
- A minimum of 10 years’ of progressive experience in finance and accounting, and at a minimum five years’ of experience in managing others. Experience in the construction industry preferred.
- Post secondary education in an accounting or finance discipline, Certified Professional Accountant designation preferred.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office 365 suite of tools.
- Some experience with accounting and construction management software, Sage and Procore user preferred.
- Demonstrated a people leadership interest and ability to coach, motivate and engage with staff.
Term: Full Time (Permanent)
Closing Date: Jun 26, 2021