Date posted: Mar 23, 2021
Concord Projects is seeking our next Construction Supervisor to monitor and supervise a project to successful completion with the subtrades and the Construction team. Success is defined by proactive management of project activities, sustaining positive subtrade and client relationships, and delivering projects on-time and within budget.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Construction Supervisor will:
- Know the project drawings and contract documents intimately to proactively identify errors, omissions, and discrepancies.
- Prepare project schedule with input from all trades, then arrange and coordinate all project requirements from permits and approvals to materials and labour.
- Schedule, review, approve and co-ordinate all shop drawings to ensure accurate information is transferred to trades.
- Review all work in progress to ensure accuracy, quality and on-schedule. Document activities and escalate concerns to the Construction Manager as required.
- Co-ordinate trade activities on-site to ensure work is complete and concerns are addressed and resolved quickly.
- Maintain project documentation in construction management software such as meeting minutes, concerns addressed, cost controls, and concerns with scheduling or quality.
- Control project costs by initiating purchase orders, reviewing all invoices to confirm actual costs align to estimates, and the work is satisfactorily completed.
- Request pricing and prepare change orders as requested by client or prime consultant.
- Inspect and review the complete project with the client/prime consultant for any deficiencies or incomplete work. Co-ordinate trade(s) to correct and address.
- Assist and support project handover to the client by co-ordinating move in requirements and providing orientation.
You will fit in at Concord if you are:
Driven and excited about working in the construction industry.
Focused on building relationships and capable of relating to stakeholders of all backgrounds.
Safety focused, and enjoy talking about safety topics at every opportunity.
A clear, professional communicator who influences positive outcomes by modeling co-operation and overcoming conflict to get back to the work.
Detail oriented and constantly thinking about constructability to solve construction problems.
Solutions-focused and identify problems before they happen to keep projects on-schedule and under budget.
Our next teammate has:
- A minimum of five years’ supervisory/superintendent experience building large scale commercial projects
- An ability to interpret, co-ordinate and analyze blueprints and shop drawings for discrepancies
- Experience reviewing and coordinating sub-contracts with tender documents
- Understanding of local building code requirements
- Hands-on experience in the construction industry is an asset
- Experience in Microsoft Office, specifically Projects and Outlook
- Experience with construction software, preferably Procore
- Post-secondary education in construction management or a trade
- Experience in multi-family residential would be an asset
Term: Full Time (Permanent)
Closing Date: Apr 10, 2021