Date posted: Jan 13, 2021
Concord Projects is seeking our next Construction Manager to manage a portfolio of projects to successful completion with the Construction team. Success is defined by proactive management of project activities, sustaining positive subtrade and client relationships, and delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
Reporting to the Vice President of Construction, the Construction Manager will:
- Work closely with the Construction Supervisor on each project to plan and prepare all project documentation, plans, schedules, materials, sub-trades, permits and insurance.
- Administer safety protocol for job start up and maintain safety goals throughout the project.
- Review and approve progress invoices, collect progress payments, update cash flow requirements and holdback releases.
- Expedite all shop drawing review and approvals to ensure compliance with specs before Architect approval.
- Evaluate and process all changes and examine charges by the trade contractors.
- Chair all owner meetings and attend all subtrade meetings to build relationships and regularly communicate progress.
- Assist Construction Supervisor with labour problems, settling contract disputes and other challenges with project stakeholders.
- Inspect all work to meet Concord’s standard. Work with trades to resolve deficiencies.
- Lead a smooth and detailed owner handover process, including obtaining occupancy permits, and introduce the Quality Assurance Manager at occupancy.
You will fit in at Concord if you are:
Driven and excited about working in the construction industry.
Focused on building relationships and capable of relating to stakeholders of all backgrounds.
Safety focused and enjoy talking about safety topics at every opportunity.
A clear, professional communicator who influences positive outcomes by modeling cooperation and overcoming conflict to get back to the work.
Detail oriented and constantly thinking about constructability to solve construction problems.
Solutions-focused and identify problems before they happen to keep projects on schedule and under budget.
Our next teammate has:
- A minimum of five years’ management experience building large scale commercial projects.
- An ability to interpret, co-ordinate and analyze blueprints and shop drawings for discrepancies
- Experience reviewing and coordinating sub-contracts with tender documents
- Thorough understanding of local building code requirements
- Hands-on experience in the construction industry is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Projects and Outlook
- Experience with construction software, preferably Procore
- Post-secondary education in construction management or engineering
- Experience in multi-family residential would be an asset
Full Time (Permanent)
Jan 25, 2021
Email your resume and a cover letter outlining how you meet the skills and experience outlined above to the Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
Concord Projects is committed to diversity and inclusion and thank all applicants in advance. In line with the Manitoba Human Rights Code, we are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.